To bring together and unify law enforcement families across Southeastern Wisconsin. Through this unity we can provide support to our extended law enforcement family, communities and find the strength and courage to be better family members, neighbors and help those in need.
SEWLEO is a not for profit organization with 4 main objectives:
- Provide meetings monthly across Southeastern Wisconsin for both officers and their spouses/immediate family member(s) to discuss concerns or incidents that they need support with. We also offer topics to be discussed and bring in guest speakers when available. Families of a law enforcement officer are often the silent strength for that officer, but who or what is their strength? To provide a network of spouses and immediate family members of law enforcement officers to help support those who are in need.
- Recognizing and rewarding officers and their families. Recognizing officers for the their hard work and recognizing their family for their ongoing support.
- Provide Holiday Meals for on-duty officers. SEWLEO will partner with churches, community groups, restaurants, etc. so that officers who are working can have a warm holiday meal also. For non-major holidays we may deliver food to the districts/stations directly.
- Annual Events celebrating officers and their families.
- Annual all inclusive event
Police officers are people too. They are the father, mother, son, daughter, brother/sister of a loving, caring family just like yours. Often their work going un-noticed and easily taken for granted. This club is for them and their direct support system, the officers' families. In times where police are being disrespected we are here to lift them up and show them that what they do is critically important.
Who can be part of this club?
Any current or retired law enforcement officer, who is in good standing, or retired in good standing, of SouthEastern Wisconsin and their immediate family. The following counties are considered SouthEastern Wisconsin: Ozaukee, Washington, Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine and Kenosha